Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Retro Two-Toned Dresser!

before

after ~ love the new look



So I was rummaging one day last month & saw this little honey....  I stopped the car, mini van, & snatched it up.  It was a very nice retro piece before the redo, but with a crisp white paint, it looks even better!

I used some deglosser on the base of the piece to roughen up the smooth finish.  I then followed with 3 coats of satin white paint (just plain ol' paint).  I did a little distressing (just on the edges), and then painted a coat of wax on to finish.

The drawer fronts were so beautiful.  I saw a similar dresser on Pinterest which did the same technique of the base painted & the drawers left original (which I really liked).  I think the two tones are really striking!

This could be used as a buffet or a dresser.  A really interesting piece that could turn heads!

SOLD


56"w x 18"d x 30"tall 

No comments:

Post a Comment