Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My Custom-Made Buffet

before ~ I really liked the buffet hutch when I bought it 7 years ago, but it was really large for the wall & I was ready for a change & something functional

the wall without any furniture

my new custom-made buffet (built by my father-in-law)!!

I really love that I can use this during parties or coffee dates ~ it serves a purpose & it looks great

I bought the shelf hung above at Hobby Lobby ~ it has 4 little metal baskets for coffee/tea/cocoa/cappuchino mix & cute little hooks to hang coffee mugs from....

I asked my father-in-law over Christmas if he would consider building me a custom piece for this wall....  he told me to draw something up with dimensions & this is what I came up with.  I actually designed it as a rectangle, but he thought I would get more use out of it with a trapezoid top.  I knew I wanted the beadboard look on the doors & a nice wood top.  He also included roll out shelfs in the middle 2 doors & shelves on the outer 2.  I just love it & can't wait to fill it with appliances that are large & are taking up much needed space in my kitchen.

I painted my kitchen cabinets last spring (blog entry to come when we get the backsplash done), so I used the same paint for this buffet & the same hardware (that way it almost looks like an extension of my rather small kitchen)!

Thanks to my very talented father-in-law, I have a buffet that I absolutely love & that I'll use everyday!!

Thanks for looking & thanks, Paul!!!

Heather :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it Heather! It's so beautiful'. Look forward to checking it out when you host a party some time :-)

    ReplyDelete