Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Headboard Re-Do

Last summer I bought this footboard (headboard, below) at a rummage sale for my daughter's room...

this is the headboard with a coat of primer

here is the "after"

headboard

footboard

This blog post is to show what a difference paint makes.  I bought this bed frame & the matching dresser last summer.  I re-did the dresser right away, but took a little longer getting this done.  I had to buy a new boxspring & mattress since her old bed was a twin size.  I finally purchased the boxspring & mattress, so I decided the time was right to finish the bedframe.

I used a deglosser on this since it was quite glossy.  I then primer it, and painted 2 coats of a high gloss white paint.  I always feel like these retro pieces (which tend to be glossy anyway), need a high gloss paint to keep with there original feel.

It's amazing what a little paint will do.... with some rummage sale finds & a little elbow grease, her room is transformed ~ to see her dresser, check out 1950's Dresser Redo from our June 2011 blog post.  I tried to link it, but for some reason it wasn't working...sorry!

Thanks for stopping!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. The transformation is great! You did a fantastic job! I LOVE paint!

    I was introduced by Kirsty from her chaotic and insane blog!

    Nice to meet you both!

    ~Kolein

    ReplyDelete