Friday, April 27, 2012

Class & Charm

This dresser has seen better days....

It actually looks like it's in really rough shape, but most of it is cosmetic....
the "bones" of this dresser are pretty good!


"after" ~ much better!!!

lots of hardware on this piece!

close-up of the distressing

Renae went to Washburn to pick up this dresser & the previous blog entry titled "Green, like Grass".  She dropped this beauty off at my house & we both got started on our dresser "transformations".  I must say, I think they turned out pretty darn good!  New colors added new life to these rather outdated, drab dressers.

The color I used on this one was ASCP in Provence, mixed with French Gray.  The color took on a light slate blue ~ really timeless & classy.  I didn't use any of the original hardware b/c as you can see, most of it was missing.  I searched through our stash of hardware & pieced together a unique blend & I actually not only like the combination, I love it!!!  I did have to spray the hardware oil rubbed bronze so that it all had a cohesive look.

Once painted, distressed, & waxed with some "new", old hardware this piece is ready & waiting for a new home....maybe yours??

Thanks for visiting,
Heather

$150

dimensions: 48"w x 17 1/2"d x 32"tall

Available for purchase



No comments:

Post a Comment