Friday, September 28, 2012

Ombre Desk

During the crazy rummage sale weekend we had a few weeks ago, I picked up this hand-made desk.  It is solid as a rock.  It seemed fairly masculine to me and I struggled to come up with an idea for it.  

As I searched Google Images and Pinterest, I saw lots of "ombre" dressers...
so I thought I'd try that on this desk.  



Before. 


After.  



The body of the dresser is painted white.  
Crisp and clean.  

The drawers are painted a dark graphite on the bottom...
then I lightened the color as I went up.  



I did quite a bit of heavy distressing because it looked so good!  


This is a big daddy.  Heavy too.  

29" tall, 54.5" long and 24" deep.  

SOLD

Contact us at www.greenbriargoods@hotmail.com

Thanks for stopping by.

Renae


No comments:

Post a Comment