Thursday, September 6, 2012

Farm House Chic!







Renae found a few "diamonds in the rough" last week in a farmhouse near Ft. Lincoln....  she dropped this piece off for me & to be honest.... it had seen better days.  I so wish I had the "before" picture ~ it was pretty nasty!  Very dirty, dingy, and the finish was awful.  I first thought ASCP in Pure White, so after disassembling it, I put the 1st coat on.  I realized that Pure White wasn't going to cut it.  I had a little ASCP in Chateau Gray left, so I mixed it with clear glaze & rubbed it on to see what would happen & I actually really love how it looks!!
The cupboard's original hardware was green glass knobs (which were really cool), but 2 were broken & they just didn't seem to fit the look of the piece.  I got out the spray paint & sprayed the hinges oil rubbed bronze.  I had bought the new pulls for myself, but thought they would look great on this cupboard....  & they do!

This piece really is a good reminder of how paint & some hard work can really transform a pretty beat-up piece of furniture!!

$100
SOLD!

25"w x 16"d x 36 1/2"tall

No comments:

Post a Comment